Migrating from Exportools Standard to Exportools Professional
Here are the recommended settings for Exportools Professional, when you are switching from Exportools Standard:
– Select the format you wish to export under Task on the right sidebar of Exportools Professional.
– Select the InDesign/QuarkXPress application you are currently using and from which you want to export documents. Click on the 3 vertical dots next to InDesign App/QuarkXPress App on the right sidebar of Exportools Professional. For this example, we will choose Adobe InDesign 2024.
– Click the Select button to choose the application (navigate to the location of the InDesign/QuarkXPress on you hard drive).
– If you are exporting to PDF, PostScript or directly to printer, select the appropriate PDF or Printer preset/style on this same popover.
– Open the document in InDesign/QuarkXPress you want to export.
– Open Exportools Professional, and select Open Documents as the source list. Here you should see the document you previously opened.
– Under Pages, select the pages or spreads you wish to export, and:
• Turn Create Separate Files for Each Page ON to create a separate file for each page/spread of each document.
• Turn Create Separate Files for Each Page OFF to create a multi-page export file for each document.
– Define other settings as with Exportools Standard: File Naming, and Export Folder (Destination Folder in Exportools Standard).
– See the Exportools Professional User’s Guide (top-right of window, Settings > User’s Guide) to learn more about Exportools Professional features, or contact us.
Under InDesign App or QuarkXPress App select the application you will be using, and the appropriate PDF or Printer preset/style (if applicable).
For this example, we are using Adobe InDesign 2024:
Most features of Exportools Standard are present in the latest versions of Exportools Professional, and some will be added upon request.
If you find a feature of Exportools Standard that is not present in Exportools Professional, please contact us.
©1998–2024 Badia Software
All rights reserved.